This article can best be read with a previous article which can be accessed by clicking the link below:
Education is a powerful tool to cultivate values in an individual. The main function of education is to enrich the character. Therefore parents, teachers, educational institutes have greater responsibility to impart learning and cultivation of values through education.
Values that education inculcate in the learners:
- Education encourages imagination, creativity and interest in knowledge.
- Education is an essential part of intellectual freedom, and one of its main values is improving how students view, exist in and participate in the world.
- Because education is a social event for most people, it encourages sharing of ideas and experiences among students, which helps students become better members of the community by teaching morals, ethics and community responsibility. Without education, for example, students would be unable to understand the benefits of volunteering.
- In addition, education helps encourage students to educate themselves and seek out information. It provides students with the opportunity to learn about many different things, including art, sports, math, literature and history, so that the students are able to discover what interests them. This gives them the basic building blocks needed to succeed in life later on through a career and further education.
- Education provides students the ability to improve their socio-economic standing and enable them to lead a better quality of life.
- Education inculcates the values of scientific temper of mind, large heartedness, cooperation, tolerance and respect for the culture of other groups.
- Efficiency, integrity, discipline, good temper.