Well, most of you already know that there is an addition of seven new chapters, four new appendices, inclusion of 2014, 2015, 2016 preliminary questions with answers as well as 2013, 2014, and 2015 mains questions.
The newly added chapters are:
- Parliamentary Group
- Judicial Review
- Judicial Activism
- Public Interest Litigation
- NITI Aayog
- Voting Behaviour
- Election Laws
The new appendices include:
- Sections of the Representation of the People Act, 1950
- Sections of the Representation of the People Act, 1951
- Chairpersons of the National Commissions
- Sections of the Constitution of Jammu and Kashmir
Besides these new additions, there are other changes as well which makes Laxmikanth’s Indian Polity Fifth Edition very comprehensive and upto date. In the already existing chapters, new sections are included. Here, the new sections in the revised chapters of all the parts of the book are listed. The newly added chapters and sections in the existing chapters are italicised. Hope it helps!
Chapter 3: Salient Features of the Constitution
- Criticism of the Constitution.
Chapter 6: Citizenship
- Overseas Citizenship of India.
System of Government
Chapter 20: Central Council of Ministers
- Oath and Salary of Ministers.
Chapter 21: Cabinet Committees
- Abolition of GoMs and EGoMs.
- Informal GoMs Formed.
Chapter 22: Parliament.
Chapter 23: Parliamentary Committees
- Finance Committees.
- Departmental Standing Committees.
- Committees to Inquire.
- Committees to Scrutinise and Control.
- Committees Relating to the Day-to-Day Business of the House.
- House-Keeping Committees.
- Consultative Committees.
Chapter 25: Parliamentary Group (Newly added chapter).
Chapter 27: Judicial Review (Newly added chapter).
Chapter 28: Judicial Activism (Newly added chapter).
Chapter 29: Public Interest Litigation (Newly added chapter).
Chapter 35: Subordinate Courts
- National Legal Services Authority.
- Lok Adalats.
- Permanent Lok Adalats.
- Family Courts.
- Gram Nyayalayas.
Chapter 38: Panchayati Raj
- Finances of Panchayat Raj.
- Reasons for Ineffective Performance.
Chapter 39: Municipalities
- Municipal Revenue.
Union Territories and Special Areas
Chapter 42: Election Commission
- Vision, Mission and Principles.
Chapter 52: NITI Aayog (Newly added chapter).
Chapter 57: Central Vigilance Commission
- Vigilance Units in the Ministries.
- Whistle Blowers Act (2011).
Chapter 59: Lokpal and Lokayuktas
- Position in India.
- Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act (2013).
Other Constitutional Dimensions
Chapter 61: Official Language
- Committee of Parliament on Official Language.
- Classical Language Status.
Chapter 69: Voting Behaviour (Newly added chapter).
Chapter 70: Election Laws (Newly added chapter).
Chapter 75: Foreign Policy
- Connect Central Asia Policy of India
- Act East Policy of India
Working of the Constitution