“Reading could be the BEST addiction one could have. The only proven side-effect is imagination and an edge in knowledge.”
It’s a beautiful thing that we have books to read. As I call it with a deep heart, Lairik has changed my life. This LIST has books that I have read and thoroughly enjoyed. It’s a kind of a personal catalogue of books, books that have inspired me over the years. I will write reviews of these books on coming days and I hope it makes you find your favourite book and you read more and gain more.
I read mostly biographies/autobiographies and the list is obviously dominated by this genre. Yet some of the finest and astounding novels and general books have captured my attention and immensely inspired me. You too may find these books equally captivating.
If you have any good book in mind, please do mention it in the comments. I will appreciate it.
- Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama
- The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
- Long Walk To Freedom by Nelson Mandela
- An Autobiography by Jawaharlal Nehru
- The Story of My Experiments with Truth by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
- The Wings of Fire by APJ Abdul Kalam
- My Journey by APJ Abdul Kalam
- Banker to the Poor by Muhammad Yunus
- Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of A Reckless Upstart Into A Visionary Leader by Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Einstein by Walter Isaacson
- The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris
- Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris
- Colonel Roosevelt by Edmund Morris
- Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie
- The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
- Mother by Maxim Gorky
astounding works everyone should read
- Justice: What’s The Right Thing To Do? by Michael Sandel
- The Nichomachean Ethics by Aristotle
- Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
Other Inspiring Books
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- The Other Side of Me by Sidney Sheldon
- Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do by Robert Schuller
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies… The man who never reads lives only one.
-George R.R. Martin,
Note: This page will be updated from time to time. Last updated: Thursday, 29 June, 2017.